ADFS 2.0 Health Check

• Last Post 10 August 2017
nidhin_ck posted this 09 August 2017

Hi Experts,

I'm looking for a method to monitor the ADFS 2.0 health check. Currently, we are monitoring based on the Event ID's and restarting the ADFS & IIS service.

Sometimes we have seen that both ADFS service & Metadata URL will be accessible but SSO will not work. So is there any way we can monitor the real authentication to decide if the SSO works or not? I mean Is there any way to pass user name and password to check if authentication works? 

Our ADFS servers are configured under F5 box. F5 teams ask for a web page where it will ask for credentials so that they can pass the user credentials to see if authentication works or not. But I'm not sure if there is any page in ADFS which asks for credentials.

Regards,
Nidhin CK

bshwjt posted this 10 August 2017

Configure a test claim aware app with IIS and Replying party trust and there is an option where you can configure the password prompt. There is an option in ADFS 3.0 . I assume that should be present in ADFS 2.0 as well.
On 10-Aug-2017 1:31 AM, "nidhin ck" <nidhinck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Experts,

I'm looking for a method to monitor the ADFS 2.0 health check. Currently, we are monitoring based on the Event ID's and restarting the ADFS & IIS service.

Sometimes we have seen that both ADFS service & Metadata URL will be accessible but SSO will not work. So is there any way we can monitor the real authentication to decide if the SSO works or not? I mean Is there any way to pass user name and password to check if authentication works? 

Our ADFS servers are configured under F5 box. F5 teams ask for a web page where it will ask for credentials so that they can pass the user credentials to see if authentication works or not. But I'm not sure if there is any page in ADFS which asks for credentials.

Regards,
Nidhin CK

Close