OT: It's the end for Windows Server 2003

• Last Post 16 July 2015
chriss3 posted this 15 July 2015

With just hours away until the extended support ends (Redmond - time) - Thank you Windows Server 2003 (ntdsa.dll) - it's been a pleasure working with you! (Sure I will run in to Windows Server 2003 DCs for many years to come) Enfo ZipperChristoffer Andersson – Principal Advisor

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
SamErde posted this 15 July 2015

I also did this twice today. :)

show

gkirkpatrick posted this 15 July 2015

We have several customers that are still thoroughly committed to 2003/XP for the foreseeable future. Boggles the mind.

-gil

show

chriss3 posted this 15 July 2015

Yes  - same here especially  staying on Windows Server 2003. The afraid’ness of passing Windows Server 2003 DFL or FFL is even worse.   Enfo ZipperChristoffer Andersson – Principal Advisor

show

daniel1 posted this 15 July 2015

But pads the wallet. 

show

gkirkpatrick posted this 15 July 2015

Somebody’s wallet, but not mine, sadly… :-/

show

kevinrjames posted this 15 July 2015

Nine domains done last month and three more in the coming weeks. “astalavista baby” /kj 

show

danj posted this 15 July 2015

At my current client we should have been almost done by now, but they wanted MSFT to do a supportability review of my design and unsurprisingly they are a little busy at the moment. It’s going to take 2 months

for them to read the damn thing!

A client I worked with last year still has an XP/2003 estate in the six figures as far as I am aware. But then another recent client still has 10x NT4.0 machines, there will always be something left over that

is ‘too critical’ to move.

Dan

show

DonH posted this 16 July 2015

You’re welcome.  It was a good run. DonH 

show

michael1 posted this 16 July 2015

Thanks Don!

(And thanks for Exchange 4.0 as well – I’ve been supporting Exchange since then!)

show

Close