OT - Office 365 activation issue

• Last Post 04 June 2015
AlLilianstrom posted this 04 June 2015

We are working on moving to Office 365. First step is moving to the O365 desktop apps. We have the Office 365 Government E3 license which gives us Office 365 ProPlus G. This has been going smoothly on single user systems - users activating through our on-prem ADFS service.

So now we're moving to terminal services. No issues with installation - the problem comes with activation. The user gets a

"Sorry, we are having Temporary Server issues"

message and office won't activate. If we install Fiddler on the terminal server and have the user run it while attempting to activate O365 it works. What we see in Fiddler are several remote certificate chain errors from office.com, live.com, and sharepoint.com.

Searching online I see this error in regard to single user systems - not terminal servers - and never a mention of the certificate errors. We have a ticket open with Microsoft O365 support but that hasn't gotten us very far yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks, al

--
Al Lilianstrom
Group Leader - Authentication Services

Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
www.fnal.gov
lilstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

show

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ravi.Sabharanjak posted this 04 June 2015

I believe that for the TS, you have to run setup with a switch that does the activation differently. Are you doing that? Unfortunately I don't remember the switch currently..
-Ravi

show

AlLilianstrom posted this 04 June 2015

Hi,

If you are thinking of

Property Name="SharedComputerLicensing" Value="1"

Yes – it is set.

Followed the guide at

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn782858.aspx

al

--

Al Lilianstrom